Monday, April 19, 2010

First Post

All of my life, I have had an unnatural obsession with fashion. Sadly I find myself loving only things that I cannot afford. When ever I find that something is in my price range, it does not even look like something worth purchasing. All the hot designs that I crave are INCREDIBLY expensive, but simple.*cough cough CHANEL*

So, I decided that I am through with mainstream Louisiana "fashion", from now on, I will be making the majority of my wardrobe.

Since my sewing skills do not exceed hand stitching a pillow the size of my foot at age seven, I will have to be sticking with dresses for a very. very. very. long time.

Another issue that I have is the dreaded hour glass figure. Or pear, but its more like hourglass. Because of this curse, I will also be faced with the issue of making things that will be figure flattering.

One of my dreams is to go to Columbia University in the city of New York. That is also one of the reasons that I have to start making my own clothing. The school that I will be attending has the credibility and record of academic excellence to get me to Columbia, but my parents cannot help with college and have been continuously telling me that we need to scrimp, I REALLY HOPE THREE DOLLAR T-SHIRT DRESSES ARE CONSIDERED SCRIMPING.

Please, watch me evolve. By the end of the summer of 2010, I plan on having completed 50 dresses. I really hope my sewing skills improve over this period of time as well.

WISH ME LUCK FELLOW BEAUTIFUL THRIFTERS!!!!!
~Rodi